Sunday 30 January 2011

Clean up and Colour

With Matt we had a leacture of clean up for 2D animation and how to check your work and improve it.  It was a very helpful lesson looking on what equipment to use and how the set up works in the industry.  I founs this very interesting and helpful and as I plan to work in the industry I need as much advise as possible.

We also learnt about clean up and what are the do's and don't.  Overall lots of tips and helpful hints about cleaning and producing animations overall and the structure of working in the industry when producing an animated piece.  I toke notes of all the slides and what Matt had to say of his experiances in the industry and try my best to apply this to my work.

We were then shown an animation by Amanda Fonbis and Wendy Tobly - When the day breaks (1999)




Next week we had a lecture with Stan on colouring our frames.  We looked at doing this in two programs Adobe Illustrator and Toon Boom.  Both ways seemed nice and easy to use but both methods didn't seem to work that well with my drawing style, and the fill paint feature certainly didn't as my drawings have many gaps and I don't usually join up the lines.  As well as that vectorising method on toom boom showed what bad quality my scanned drawings were, which was a mystery as my resolution and size was correct but the quailty remained bad.  Stan toke some of my scans but could not work out what was wrong with them?

I would like to use this method of colouring but my style of drawings are too loose and the colour would just leek all over the frame, so I think I will stick to  just colouring in Photoshop, though it will definatly take longer to do, overall industry wise I am not interested in the colouring aspect of it just either animation, character design or storyboarding. Although I understand colouring is a big part of many pieces, industry or not, but I do love it sometimes when animation works brilliantly without lots of colour and just the lines like this piece by Louis Clichy

No comments:

Post a Comment