Sunday 30 January 2011

Storyboard Chatter

Through out the week I had done my storyboard for my dialogue and recorded my reference.  With this piece I experimented with different angles and not having everything on one frame, its starts with a medium close up  of the girl then cuts to the boy, then cuts to a medium shot of both of them.


Dope Sheet:



With is animation I also wanted it to have rich flewid timing and nice exaggeration.

Storyboard and Animatic lecture

This week week we had a lecture with Matt on storyboarding and anamatics.  Again Matt looked at how these are best used in the industry and independently, the benefits of them and responsibilities of a storyboard artist.  I found this lecture very interesting as love storyboards in general, and if I am unable to be an animator storyboard artist would defiantly be next on my list career wise.  For all my excerises I always produce a storyboard, but not always an anamatic only because I feel the piece is just too short for one.  The only anamatic I've produced so far is last year with Leonnie on my narrative theory and I did enjoy doing it.  I also follow a few storyboard artists on the internet that are in the industry, but my favourite so far is Mark Kennedy, who's blog has many tips and hits on how to layout and compose a storyboard and many other things he's learnt, I find it very helpful
http://sevencamels.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment